The digital media streaming multiple services by Roku enables you to watch your favourite sports channels, documentaries, and kids’ content. Sometimes there are issues with the voice/audio problems like the audio is not enough for all of us in the room to enjoy sports, etc Roku also gives the feature to Connect External speaker to Roku. Stay with us in this blog as we show you exactly how to connect an external speaker to Roku. Follow the steps below to learn easy methods of connecting speakers.
Methods to Connect External Speaker to Roku
There are various ways to Connect an External speaker to Roku but we are here to tell you the best and easiest way to Connect an External Speaker to Roku.
Using HDMI Output
- Make sure Before connecting the HDMI cable with your device that your device is capable of linking with it.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your Roku device and the other end of the Cable with your Speakers.
- After that, Turn on Both your speaker also your Roku device.
- when both are starting automatically both are working you just adjust them and enjoy.
Using Headphone Jack
So, Follow the easy steps below to connect to an external speaker :
- If your Speaker and Roku device don’t have the HDMI Slot you don’t need to worry about anything else we have a way to do it. connect an external speaker to Roku by using a Headphone Jack.
- Check your TV back and side so make sure to spot the Headphone Jack on your TV.
- Please Connect the Headphones or some sort of external speaker to the Headphone Jack.
- Finally, You’re done! Just adjust the volume and enjoy.
If you fail to Connect an External Speaker with Roku by HDMI and by Using a Headphone Jack don’t need to worry there is another easy way to connect an external speaker to Roku by Using the Bluetooth feature:
- If your External Speaker has a Bluetooth feature then you can easily use the Bluetooth feature to connect the external speaker to Roku.
- First, Move toward the Settings on Your Roku.
- After that, Go toward the System Option.
- Now, You will find a section named”Bluetooth Audio”.
- So please Enable this feature to take further advantage.
- Then, Roku TV automatically scans for the available devices so make sure to connect your device to it.
- Finally, Your External Speaker connects with the Roku device so you just adjust the volume and enjoy.
Using Digital Audio Output
This output is known as S/PDIF or the optical. You can easily use it by using an optical cable that’s also known as Toslink Cable So, Make sure the connection is by using the Digital Audio Output here.
Using HDMI ARC/ HDMI eARC
This is known as the Audio Return Channel and its port is alongside the HDMI port in your Roku device. But it is not in all Roku devices only some of the Roku Devices have HDMI eARC ports in them There is only one need to connect with a cable with this port and the need is very Speed Internet. So, Follow the Steps below to Enable ARC or eARC.
- Firstly, Press the Home Button of your Roku device and open the Settings menu.
- After that, Select the option named”System” and after that move toward the CEC (Control Other Devices) Option.
- Then, Select the Option ARC or eARC to enable it.
- So, Connect your External Speaker to this Port of Your Roku Device.
- Finally, Just enjoy by just adjusting the volume.
How to Connect External Speaker to TCL Roku TV
You can Use an HDMI Cable to Connect your Soundbar to your TCL Roku TV. The speciality of TCL Roku TV is that it always comes with the HDMI Cable. Or when you connect an external speaker by using an HDMI cable you can enjoy Better audio So, Follow the Steps Below. to Connect.
- Firstly, Connect the Soundbar to your TLC Roku TV.
- After that, Turn on Both.
- Then, Open your Roku TV settings menu and select the option Control Other Devices.
- Now, Just Search for the option CEC device.
- Finally, Select External Speaker Press OK, and just enjoy.
Q: Can You connect the Speaker to Roku?
A: Yes, We can easily Connect speakers to Roku.
Q: How do I Connect an External Speaker with Roku?
A: There are a lot of ways to Connect External Speakers with Roku We can Connect by using HDMI, Bluetooth, eARC, Headphone Jack, Digital audio, and many more.
Q: Roku doesn’t have an audio system?
A: Roku has but sometimes it’s not too much that’s why people need to connect an external speaker to Roku.
Q: Does every Roku device support the HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC method for connecting external speakers?
A: No, not all Roku devices have HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC ports. Only some Roku devices are equipped with these ports. If your device has this feature, you can follow the steps provided to connect an external speaker through the Audio Return Channel.
Q: Is it possible to use both the built-in audio system of Roku and an external speaker simultaneously?
A: No, Roku does not support simultaneous use of the built-in audio system and an external speaker. When you connect an external speaker, it replaces the internal audio output. You need to adjust the settings to switch between them.
Q: What should I do if my external speaker is not being detected by Roku via Bluetooth?
A: If Bluetooth connection issues arise, ensure your external speaker is in pairing mode, verify Bluetooth is enabled on your Roku, and make sure there are no obstructions. If problems persist, try restarting both devices and repeating the pairing process.
In conclusion, we’ve provided various methods to connect an external speaker to Roku, including HDMI, Bluetooth, digital audio, eARC, and a headphone jack. Read the full article carefully and enjoy enhanced audio with an external speaker. If one method doesn’t work, don’t worry; simply try another way, and you’ll surely be able to connect an external speaker to your Roku TV or device.