You’re not alone if you are a Roku user and have been having trouble streaming on Prime Video. Thousands of users have reported issues when using the popular streaming service, including slow performance or buffering issues. Fortunately, there’s no need to worry: some troubleshooting methods can help get your Prime Video streams back up and running quickly.
In this article, we’ll explore the common causes of Prime Video streaming issues on Roku devices and provide step-by-step instructions for resolving them quickly and easily. We’ll also look at how to prevent similar problems from occurring. With this knowledge, you’ll enjoy your favorite Prime Video content without interruptions or delays. So let’s get started!
How to Fix Prime Video Not Working on Roku Issue
When streaming Prime Video on your Roku device, the last thing you want to experience is technical issues. Unfortunately, these types of problems can occur from time to time. However, thanks to a few simple fixes, it’s easy to get streaming again in no time.
Check your Internet Connection
If you have trouble streaming content with Prime Video on your Roku device, ensure your internet connection works correctly. A robust and reliable internet connection is necessary for uninterrupted video streaming. To test your connection speed, run a quick speed test using an online tool such as Speedtest.net or Fast.com.
Compare the test results with the minimum and recommended speeds required by Prime Video: 3 Mbps for SD quality and 5 Mbps for HD quality viewing, respectively. If your connection speed falls below these thresholds, consider adjusting your router settings or upgrading to a faster plan from your internet service provider (ISP).
If you see no improvements after running a speed test, try disconnecting and reconnecting to the router or restarting it if possible.
Disconnect your VPN if Connected
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a great way to protect your online privacy and security but can sometimes cause streaming issues. If you are having trouble streaming on Prime Not working on Roku, one of the first things you should do is check if you have a VPN enabled. If so, disconnecting from your VPN could solve the problem.
To disconnect from your VPN on Roku devices:
- First, open the Settings menu by pressing Home five times quickly in succession.
- Go to Network > Set up connection and select Disconnect or Disable for existing relationships.
- Once all connections have been turned off, try streaming again and see if the issue has been resolved.
- If not, you may need to contact your VPN provider or try another troubleshooting solution.
Update Amazon Prime
It is essential to regularly update Amazon Prime Video on Roku devices to ensure the best streaming experience. Here are a few steps for updating Amazon Prime Video:
- First, open the Roku Home screen and select “Settings.“
- Then, choose “System” and “System Update” to check if any new software updates are available.
- If there is an available update, select “Download now” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once the download has been completed, your device will automatically restart with the new version of Amazon Prime Video installed.
Finally, you can manually update Amazon Prime Video (primevideo/mytv) by entering its settings menu and selecting “Check for Updates.” This will prompt your device to search for any available updates; if one is found, it will be downloaded automatically.
Update your Roku device
If your Roku device is malfunctioning or you’re having trouble accessing Prime Video, it may be time to update your software. Updating your Roku can be a simple process that only takes a few minutes of your time.
Before getting started, ensure you have an internet connection and access to the remote with your Roku. To begin the update process, open Settings on your device and select System > System Update > Check Now.
This will search for any available updates on the server side. Once the update is downloaded, it will install itself automatically and restart when complete. You should now see an updated version number in the settings window to reflect this change.
If you’re having trouble with your Roku, you can also check for updates manually. To do this, select System System Update Check Now. When the update is downloaded, choose OK to install it.
Factory Reset Roku
Factory resetting your Roku streaming device is a great way to quickly troubleshoot any Prime Video issues. A factory reset will erase your settings and downloaded apps and restore the machine to its original factory conditions. This can be especially helpful when trying to clear out memory caches or other stored data that may be causing problems with your streaming service.
- To perform a factory reset on your Roku, go to the Settings menu and select System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.
- You’ll be asked to confirm this process, as it will completely erase all your settings and data from the device.
- Once you’ve confirmed the reset, please wait until it finishes before starting up again.
- Afterward, you can log into Prime Video (or whatever streaming services you use) without problems!
Contact Customer Support
If you still have trouble streaming Prime Video on your Roku device after trying the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you may need to contact customer support. Customer support will be able to look into the issue further and can provide additional help if needed.
You can contact customer support via various phone, email, or chat channels. You’ll want to have your Roku account information available when you get them so they can easily pull up your account for assistance. Be sure to provide as much detail about the issue as possible for the support agent to better understand what is happening and how best they can help you fix it.
Customer service representatives are available 24/7 and are happy to help! If all else fails, they should be able to resolve any issues with streaming Prime Video on your Roku device in no time!
Other Common Fixes to Amazon Prime Video
Restart your Roku device
If you’re having trouble streaming content on Prime Video via your Roku device, the first step in troubleshooting should be to restart your device. This simple process involves unplugging the device from the power source and then plugging it back in again.
Once your Roku has been reset, try connecting to Prime Video again. If you still can’t access streams after restarting, checking for software updates is another option; this allows you to ensure you have all of the latest features without any issues. Restarting or updating your Roku device can help resolve most basic streaming issues on Prime Video without hassle.
Sign out of the Prime Video and Sign In Again
If your Prime Video streams are not appearing on Roku, one of the simplest ways to fix the issue is to sign out and back in. To do so,
- Go to the Prime Video app on your Roku device, select Settings, and then choose “Sign Out.”
- After successfully signing out of the account, re-enter your login information and sign back in.
- This should help refresh your connection with Amazon Prime Video and resolve any issues.
It is also essential to ensure that any other streaming services or accounts are logged off; sometimes, this can interfere with streaming from certain apps like Prime Video. If signing out does not correct the problem, try restarting your Roku device by unplugging it from power for a few seconds before plugging it back in.
Check for the Validity of Your Prime Video Membership
If you’re having trouble streaming video on Prime Video, one of the first steps to troubleshooting is to check if your Prime Video membership is still valid. If you haven’t used your account in a while and it’s been over a year since you signed up, your membership may have expired.
To check the validity of your membership:
- Log in to Amazon.com and go to the ‘Your Account‘ page.
- Under the ‘Your Account‘ page, locate the ‘Prime Video & Other Subscriptions‘ option in the left-hand menu and click on it.
- Here you can see all the subscriptions associated with your account, including the Prime Video subscription and its expiry date.
- If it shows that your membership has expired, renew or extend it from this section to get back streaming videos on your Roku device.
Reinstall Amazon Prime Video
If you’ve been having trouble streaming Amazon Prime Video on your Roku, reinstalling the app is one of the troubleshooting steps. To do this,
- Go to your Roku Home screen and select Streaming Channels from the left menu.
- Then, scroll down until you find Prime Video and select it.
- Click Remove Channel and confirm that you want to remove it from your device.
- Once it’s removed, scroll back up and select Prime Video again. This time click Add Channel and wait for the installation process to finish.
- Once Amazon Prime Video is reinstalled, launch the app by selecting it from your Streaming Channels list.
- Sign in with your account credentials or create a new account if needed.
You should now be able to stream all your favorite movies and TV shows without issues – happy watching!
This article concludes that there is a solution if you have difficulty connecting or streaming content on your Roku device. With the basic troubleshooting steps outlined above, users should be able to enjoy Amazon Prime Video again. It’s important to note that many of these issues can be avoided by regularly updating your Roku and Amazon account software. Additionally, having a reliable internet connection will also help prevent potential streaming issues in the future.
By taking a few preventive measures and following the steps listed here when trouble arises, you should be able to resolve most Prime Video-related problems quickly and hassle-free. With just a little effort, you’ll be able to get right back into enjoying all the content that Amazon Prime Video has to offer.