If you own a Roku TV for streaming and watching different content or videos, there is good news for you. Fortunately, you can now stream Syfy channels on your Roku TV. If you are one of the users who love watching fantasy, horror, and science fiction, this article has got you covered. In this article, I will briefly discuss the different methods you can use to stream Syfy on Roku Free trial TV.
Some of the popular shows that are streamed on these Syfy channels include Resident Alien, Wynonna Earp, The Ark, Van Helsing, Chunky, Killjoys, and more. You can find the Syfy app originally on the Roku Channel Store. Therefore, it becomes very convenient for Roku users to add it to their TV devices.
Can’t wait anymore? Let’s hop into it!
Read Reset Roku Remote
Can the Syfy Channels Be streamed for free?
If you are already connected with a satellite or cable provider that supports this function, congratulations, you can enjoy the Syfy channels on your Roku TV for free. Some of the most popular providers include Xfinity, Dish, AT&T, Direct TV, and Spectrum.
Ways to Install Syfy Channels on Roku TV
All you need to do is to follow the given steps to install the Roku App on your TV.
- Open the Home screen of the Roku TV.
- Now go to the Main Menu. Look for the Streaming Channels option and tap on it.
- Next, click on the Search Channel option.
- You can see a virtual keyboard popping up on the screen. It would be on the right side of your Roku TV. Use it to search for Syfy options.
- Then, choose the Syfy channel from the provided list and tap the OK button.
- Now, click on the Add Channel option.
Now, wait for the Syfy channel to get downloaded on your Roku TV and get ready to Launch the Syfy channel via the Channels menu.
How to Launch Syfy on Roku TV
Once you have successfully installed the Syfy channel on your Roku TV, it is time to launch it and enjoy the live streaming. The following are steps to launch the Syfy channel on Roku TV.
- Navigate to the Channel option.
- Then, launch the Syfy app on your Roku TV. After that, an activation code will pop up on your TV screen.
- If not, then click on the login or sign-in button to get a code.
- Now, open a Web Browser on your computer and open the Syfy Activation Page using the given link syfy.com/activatenbcu.
- Enter the code displayed on your Roku device and tap the Continue button.
- Finally, activate your Syfy app by signing in with your cable TV provider.
Method to Use Syfy on Roku TV
Once you have installed and launched the Syfy app on your Roku TV, it is no longer a difficult task to start live streaming on it. Following are the quick steps after you can enjoy various Syfy programs on your Roku TV.
- Go back to the Home screen of your Roku TV.
- Next, click your Roku remote’s Right arrow (>) button.
- Locate the Syfy Channel option and tap on it. It will begin the launching process.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, you can live stream your favorite dramas and movies via the Syfy app.
How can I stream Syfy on My Roku TV without using Cable?
There are a few sources through which you can live stream the Syfy programs on your Roku TV. These include YouTube, Hulu, and Fubo TV. However, it is not free at all. You would have to pay a fixed charge per month to enjoy live streaming Syfy on your Roku TV.
How to Watch Syfy using Hulu
The live streaming of Syfy channels is available on Hulu. To avail it, you have to subscribe to Hulu+Live TV. This subscription plan costs $69.99 per month. After getting the subscription, you can enjoy more than 85 channels, such as on-demand movies, live sports, kids programming, and Hulu Originals. The most popular channels Hulu allows you to stream are CNN, Bravo, VHI, ESPN, and many more.
Fortunately, you can enjoy exceptional cloud DVR storage while using YouTube TV. You can easily subscribe to it for $64.99 per month. It will give you access to various Syfy channels. You can enjoy a 7-day free trial if you are a new subscriber to YouTube TV.
To become a subscriber to Fubo TV, you have to pay $74.99 per month. In this way, you will subscribe to the pro plan of Fubo TV, which will include the live streaming of the Syfy channel, more than 100 live TV channels, and 1000 hours of cloud DVR storage so that you can record your favorite programs without any storage problems. You can also enjoy a free trial of 7 days and enjoy the services of Fubo TV.
Alternative Method to Stream Syfy on Roku TV
In case you are very desperate to stream Syfy on your Roku TV, you can set up screen mirroring on your Roku TV. You can easily get it done using your Android smartphone or tablet.
Following are the steps to mirror the Syfy app via an Android device.
- Open the Google Play Store and download the Syfy app on your Android device.
- Connect both (Android device and Roku TV) with the same internet network.
- Launch the Syfy app on your Android device.
- Then, create an account by signing into the Syfy app.
- Scroll down the Notification bar and click on the Cast icon.
- Identify your specific Roku device from the provided list.
- After performing this step, you can see that your Android screen is now being displayed on your Roku TV.
- Return to the Syfy app and play any of your favorite programs, and it will be displayed on your Roku TV screen.
Q: Can I livestream a football match on Roku for free?
A: Yes, all you need to do is to install Dofu TV and connect it to your Roku TV. Now, you can easily enjoy watching NFL games for free on your Roku device.
Q: Why am I not able to livestream Syfy on Roku TV?
A: You should preferably restart your Roku device to clear up all the junk files and cache within your Roku TV. It will improve the performance and functionality and allow you to live stream Syfy on your TV.
This article covers the problems of all Syfy lovers and suggests to them all the possible ways to stream Syfy on Roku Free TV. If you have a good budget, you can get a subscription to Hulu, YouTube, or Fubo TV. Conversely, you can try connecting your cable with the Syfy app originally on your Roku TV. Hopefully, after reading this article thoroughly, you will enjoy live-streaming Syfy shows on Roku TV without any fuss. If you want any updates or further details on this matter, you can Contact us. Thanks for your time and attention!